View Single Post
Stary 01-06-2008, 17:32   #44
STraits
ford::average

Domyślnie Re: mondeo st220

Nie zebym sie czepial, ale to jest tekst zdajsie poprzedniego wlasciciela Twojego autka :

Cytat:
In my humble opinion first step in ST220 tuning is an installation of "thinblade" throttle body. In my car that increases theoretical diameter of butterfly from 60mm to 64,4 mm and causes about 14 HP increase (of course measured on the dyno). AFR is still proper as increased airflow will be compensated with more fuel due to higher readouts from airflow meter.

Such throttle body cannot be installed to ST200 or 2.5V6 engines, due to some reasons.

Next step can be replacement of the exhaust manifolds with complete 3-1 x 2 manifolds with metal catalytic converters. Another 15 powerhorses and no troubles with exhaust gases or exhaust noise...

Please have a look at the dyno printouts for my car:

Group of lines at the top of graph are torque lines (with Nm, sorry), middle - power lines and bottom - power loss at front wheels.

Pink lines (TEST4, 227,3 HP 273 Nm) are factory results (measured in 2005, when I have bought my ST).

Then, blue lines (TEST3 234 HP, 274 Nm) - I have found how to overprogram my ECU trough Motorola PowerPC BDM port inside ECU and I have increased (advanced) ignition by 3-4,5 and increased dueling by 0,5 AFR (ca. 3,5%) for full throttle (WOT) only.

After that (green lines, 241 HP, 280 Nm) - I have replaced my throttle body with thinblade and starting from 4500 rpm I have gained a nice power and torque increase. I have found, that power still arises up to rpm limit at 6700 so I started to search where is rpm limit coded in ECU.

Finally (red lines, TEST1) i have replaced both manifolds with self-developed manifolds and with 2 x metal catalytic converters (used typically in races, where obligatory). I have changed also rpm limit to 7000. After that I have 258 HP and 288 Nm.

This is maybe nothing special, but shows my way for power increase in ST220.

PS: Air intake is factory. Filter is K&N (factory filter replacement).

Z tego co widze to mial wtedy :

Cytat:
ST220 '04 EUR3 (258 HP, 288 Nm)...

Przepustnica przepustnicą, ale nowe kolektory wydechowe tez zdajsie swoje robią.
STraits jest offline   Odpowiedź z Cytatem